Oh the lovely money I will save
If you are lucky enough not having to rationalise your YikeBike purchase, feel free to skip this blog post. If you happen to need to justify it either to yourself or a significant other, here are a few snippets.
- The total cost of a YikeBike is about the same as the cost of just running a car for a year.
- The average cost of running your YikeBike on electricity for a month is less than a Big Mac meal. For the technically minded this assumes 20 km per day 5 days per week @ 20c/kWh and not up-sizing your Mac meal.
- Slash your mortgage. I'm sure you've noticed how consistently expensive apartments in the central city or close to good train stations are. Well you can get one 3 times further away, still get home at the same time on your YikeBike and save thousands on your apartment. If you throw a party to celebrate your new found wealth feel free to send us an invitation....
- How much do you pay for parking? How much do you like looking for parks and wandering around car parking buildings?
- What is your time worth? I'm guessing most of you will not be lying on your death bed wishing you had spent more time stuck in traffic or sitting at home because getting out and about was just too much hassle
Given the compelling economics you really should buy two and double the savings......no, wait that only applies to lipstick and dresses on sale.....